Cloud Consultant computing is one of the major technologies that most businesses have already accepted and incorporated into their day-to-day operations. Take the example of Microsoft, where OneDrive is cloud-based software to store all your files. Similarly, if we consider AWS or Amazon Web Service, it is also based on the cloud network.
Therefore, this specific technology has much to offer in the present technologically advanced market. However, it is not easy to integrate the technology randomly with the existing IT infrastructure. There are several aspects of the cloud that one needs to know, like cloud security, PaaS and SaaS, business intelligence, cloud servers, and so on. This is where you need to hire a Cloud Consultant who will help you understand various aspects of the technology easily.
Who is a Cloud Consultant?
A Cloud Consultant is a professional who offers technical and business guidance and advice concerning cloud technology and related aspects. The professional will be your cloud advisor, from making you understand the differences between AWS and Azure to listing the possible risks of transforming your business operations into a cloud-based platform.
Why do you need a Cloud Consultant?
Cloud is a vast field, and a single person can’t understand its aspects. Besides, you may know the basics of cloud computing, but you can know the details only when you have hands-on experience. This is why you need a Cloud Consultant. The person will give you insights into the technology and guide you in decision-making, especially if it is about bringing a major change to the overall business operation system.
How to choose the best Cloud Consultant?
Choosing the best Cloud Consultant is one of the biggest challenges you must undergo. If not, there will be severe consequences, especially if you end up with the wrong professional. This is why we have prepared a comprehensive guide to help you find the best person suitable for this job from the many options you have.
- Always go for an experienced Cloud Consultant because the professional will have more knowledge than a fresher. You can utilize the knowledge to bring changes in your cloud strategies, optimize them, and get more revenues for the business.
- Ensure to choose the professional within your budget range. If the budget is tight and not flexible, go for a contractual hiring model. This way, you can save a lot of money. Other than that, you can choose staff augmentation, where the Cloud Consultant from another company will work collaboratively with your in-house team.
- It would help if you also chose a professional with in-depth knowledge about the cloud infrastructure, the database or data warehouses, the cloud network, and so on.
What skills should a Cloud Consultant have?
Last but not least, you need to know the skills that a Cloud Consultant should have. Unless and until the chosen professional has most of these skills, if not all, relying on that individual won’t be a good idea. So, here are some of the skills you should look for.
- In-depth understanding of cloud computing
- Knowledge about Azure and Amazon Web Service
- Understanding of different areas of cloud-like PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, and BaaS
- Innovative mind to create the best strategy as per the business requirements
- Familiarity with the latest developments in the cloud network at present
A Cloud Consultant is highly beneficial for your business because you can understand the concept in-depth. However, finding the best professional is no walk in the park. There are several things one needs to consider like the ones we have discussed above. If you want the best minds in your team for cloud computing, you can connect with experts at NGenious Solutions. They will help you understand every aspect of the cloud, including the latest changes and innovations, easily.